You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Affinity Photo,

I just downloaded your app and used "File-Open" to open one of my photos in Mac App "Photos". 

Then it just stopped working. Though the app is not "not responding" in the Mac Force Quit panel, I just can't do anything with it, and every button cannot be clicked.

I right-clicked your app on my dock and it showed as follows.

It seems that my JPG just cannot be opened by your app. But actually it is just a photo taken by my iPhone.

Then I uninstalled your app, re-installed it and opened it again.

This time, it shows like this,

All buttons disabled.

After 1/2/3 minutes, if you hide this app, Affinity Photo totally died, which means that it cannot show up again when you click the app on the dock.

Again, in Mac Force Quit panel, Affinity Photo is not "not responding", as follows.

I am now waiting for your app to completely process my photo, but it seems like it will stay at 23.5% forever.

$49.99 buys nothing. I have not used your app since I bought it from the app store.

Environment: OS X El Captan, Retina Macbook late 2013, lastest version of Affinity Photo.

image-1.tiff

image-2.tiff

image.tiff

• Staff

Hi Zhouyixiao1992,

Welcome to the forums :)

There are currently some compatibility issues with the App Store version of Affinity and the ElCapitan Beta. This issue is solved in our latest Customer Beta Build please could you try downloading that to see if it solves your issue? I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.