You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe / APu] File created in Designer makes Publisher crash instantly

Hi there!

I created a simple File in Designer, where I created a couple of Arboarts, but after pasting objects and images, I noticed I could not create more Artbords (even after deling the Artbords themselves, leaving a blank file as seen below):

image.png.e08f8119a865eb35f68ef189301044c7.png

I didn't notice when the Pages controls appeared on the bottom left side, by the way.

After this, I decided to try and open the file in Publisher, but after a few seconds, it simply closes. Designer and Photo can open it without a problem (the files is left blank, without any object; I simply copied what I needed to another file, so that doesn't concern me, but I wanted to report this anyway).

Best regards!

05. Color.afdesign

10 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

but after pasting objects and images,

What kind of objects, @Mithferion?

However, this is similar to some other bug reports, including one I made, but I don't remember the details. Sorry.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

What kind of objects, @Mithferion?

However, this is similar to some other bug reports, including one I made, but I don't remember the details. Sorry.

I copied Rectangles made in a new Affinity Designer file (I had a screenshot and the rectangles were placed over certain areas, and then I copied them to this file), and also I dragged a .JPG file, exported from Designer. The rest was just other rectangles created in this files (I was working on creating a color palette).

Also, I didn't notice there were other reports like this one. :0

Best regards!

Thanks. None of the actions you took seem familiar as the cause of the problem I had, or other reports I recall seeing.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Hi both,

That Desiner file has got multipages/artboards, as if it was once a publisher file. Did you definitely create it in designer from scratch? 

Yes, I rarely open a File on the other applications of the Suite (sometimes I open a Photo file on Designer, but that's it). And I always work Publisher files on Publisher.

Best regards!

19 hours ago, Gabe said:

Did you try to copy an artboard into a document with no artboards by any chance?

Basically, the steps I followed were:

1. Created a new Document
  2. I created 1 artboard and created some Rectangles to test different colors, using some Adjustment Layers on top of them
  3. Then, I duplicated that Artboard to try some variations on the colors
  4. Created a New From Clipboard document, to have a Screenshot of a color palette distribution I wanted to imitate, and drew some Rectangles on top of the Screenshot
  5. Copied and pasted to the first file, outside of the Artboards
  6. Then, I dragged and droped a .JPG file in the first file for a reference

So, let's say I had something like this:

image.png.e083493b3509322b74716e792ae46d25.png

After that, I tried to put the selected Group inside an Artboard and that's when I noticed I could not create another Artboard.

Also, I tried to reproduce the error, in the latest 1.8.4 version of Designer but the same thing didn't happen again (but Publisher still crashes).

Best regards!