Lagarto

Ghost Artboard object remains after being deleted

This post was duplicated and split from here - 

3 hours ago, Lagarto said:

I can reproduce a similar anomaly in latest beta (but not in the release version) of Affinity Designer by adding an artboard the size of which is  e.g. 34.5 inches wide and 34 high, then creating a rectangle the size of which is 34 x 34 inches, detach the rectangle from the artboard, then deleting the artboard. Now even if I resize the document to 34 x 34 inches, I get the following (the following screenshot is taken after redimensioning the document, so the setting does not affect the former artboard which seems to remain there as a kind of a ghost object):

size_anomaly.jpg.30c0caca54494b4d25c844eff942f95a.jpg

This may be related to changes in beta related to support of bleeds (which do not work correctly with artboards in Designer).

[So if your problem was not fixed by doing what was advised above by @anon2] do you have the release version of Designer or the beta, and could it be that you initially had an artboard in the document but which subsequently was deleted?

Yes (specifically with beta 1.8.4.681), but now that I re-tested it I noticed that it is only a screen refresh problem (the screen is not updated after changing the document size, like it is in the release version) so simply just zooming in fixes the "problem". 

EDIT: It happens also with the latest beta, attached a document with the history. Not much of a problem but should it appear also in the next release then it could be fixed.

ghost.afdesign