You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity Photo] Don't add "accidentally selected" layers

When working with AP it sometimes happens to me that I select a new Live Adjustment Layer or Adjustment Layer that I don't really want (either because I change my mind or because I selected the wrong adjustment). Right now a new layer is created and after closing the adjustment window I have to delete the new layer (that has no adjustments) by hand. This is not practical in terms of usability. I would suggest this workflow:

1) Creates a new adjustment layer.

2) The adjustment window appears

3) The user either makes changes or doesn't do anything. These cases should be considered like this when the adjustment window is closed:

- Changes were made: keep the new layer with its changes.

- No changes were made: remove the new layer because it doesn't do anything to the photo anyhow.

Does this make any sense? I think it could be useful to add this functionality.

Hm, you're right. Now that you mention it, I feel kind of stupid not to have thought about this.  :rolleyes: Still, adding this function for the case that you simply close the dialogue window with the window controls on top would be quite helpful.