You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am new to Affinity, having been an ex-photoshop7 user.  I am trying to stack some astro photos and I understand the concept when creating a new stack from file images.  But in the case you have half a dozen layers, you can group them, but the "median" operator does not seem to be available unless you created the stack from the start ("File>New Stack").  Also, you can create a new stack, then you can ungroup it to adjust the alignment (two layers at a time, upper layer to difference, then repeat with other layers), but you cannot re-group and reproduce the previous stack layer with operators.  I was lead to believe the grouping was similar to Photoshops' "smart object".  

Question: Simply, can I take several layers, group them, and turn them into a "stacked image" as if was created from "File>New Stack", and have access to those same layer operators (median)?

Thanks,

Bob

Thank you!  

I am surprised the "live stack group" is not in between "group" and "ungroup"  in the right click menu in the layers pallet.  I combed that and the layer menu and was striking out.  Yet, "new group" is in the layers menu, not the arrange menu (or vica versa).  Also, the alternate method for live stack was not in the help section.

Thanks again,

Bob