You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating panorama from DNG files always results in RGB files with sRGB profile

I'm creating a panorama in Affinity Photo (version 1.8.3 at the moment) from DNG files. These files are the native format of my Pentax K-3 II camera. The program will always create a panorama photo in RGBA/16 with the sRGB color profile. Therefore highlights and shadows are easily clipped and I'm wondering if I can make Affinity Photo to create a panorama photo with a wider color space. I have set the ROMM color profile for both RGB and RGB/32 photos in the settings (I'm on Windows 10 btw). It doesn't seem to have an impact on the panorama creation process, because I end up with an sRGB photo all the time.

I know I could process my RAW photos before stitching, then export them as TIFF files with a color space of my choice. Then Affinity Photo would end up creating a panorama picture with the same color space. But I often want to see first, how well the stitching will work, before investing too much time into editing the photo. I would also prefer to stitch the DNGs in Affinity Photo, export the result as TIFF and import it into Lightroom for further management and editing (unless there are edits I need Affinity Photo for).

Does anybody know, why Affinity Photo ignores the wider color space of DNG files when creating a panorama? Is this a defect?