You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not directly connected to Affinity but does anyone know how to change the format(?) of jpg images? Microsoft recently updated my Windows 10 but decided to change some of my settings, in particular those for jpg images. These now have a rump of variables one can tweek to improve one's picture - cut, level, variously enhance etc - in a line across the top that is too easy to accidentally click. I prefer using an old-fashioned 'format' for (jpg) pictures, which I suspect many of you use, which does not allow for any 'improvements' - that is left to Affinity...

If anyone has any thoughts I would be very grateful.

Chris Andreae

• Staff

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not seeing this behaviour on my computer with Jpegs and despite this not being related to Affinity please could you provide a screenshot of the variables as I am interested to see them!

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Callum – thank you for replying. I made a mistake when I earlier described the features that displayed when the image was opened. Enclosed is a typical photo with the ‘tools’ circled. They are very easy to touch with the cursor and thence damage the image. Why Microsoft feel they are necessary to put them in I do not know but they are a nuisance.

The old form of images I have used for years Microsoft have ‘updated’ more than once as you know. The only thing one can really do to them is increase them to their full size – if they have been reduced to fit the screen. Do you know how I can re-set Windows 10 to show all my (1000s!) of images in the old form? If you do I would be most grateful to learn. Perhaps one has to visit Microsoft’s website.

Thanking you for your trouble.

Chris

(I also now have a keyboard that pops up uninvited which I have yet to find a way to remove. Settings>Keyboard... does not work! )

PS. I have just noticed that on the Documents page there is, under the 'Open' box an option to open files using different apps. One of these is the Windows Photo Viewer that I like to use and Windows 10 does not. How can I make this a default app to open/display (all) my photos, not just individual ones?

Many thanks again

F7K_6005A.jpg