You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating patterns without Symbols -Bitmaps(repeat and zero) (Designer or Photo)

Hello, Is it possible to use brush on the one selected area, but the effect to be for all the other selections, like mirroring the brush movement and effect, but inside the different selections? like on the image, this dot to appear not only for the selected area but also inside the other boxes simultaneously. I want to create irregular patterns. Is there any chance I can do something like this without using the symbols? Or Can the symbols be created after the creation of curves, like linking already existing curves and choosing one of them as the symbol? I also tried applying bitmaps to the selection but for irregular placement it's impossible. I'm quite curious what effect does "repeat" or "zero" have? Any ideas, different tools or any third-party software to reach the described results?  hope my question is clear. 

1.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Johan Zero. :)

You might find it helpful to watch the ‘Bitmap pattern fills’ video tutorial which you can find here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, Alfred, Thanks a lot for the reply! Yes I already watched it before, but it quite won't serve my purpose, maybe I'm asking for too much, I don't know ;d still it's unclear what does "repeat" or "zero" do (they are under the extend section of bitmap). So, I have multiple selections, like in the image I attached, I create selection layer, then add bitmap, one particular image that is shape, for instance, circle. Then, I resize the bitmap, the circle to be multiplied, but it creates pattern which has it's perfect sequence, and doesn't follow the irregular types of selections I have, as a result it's impossible to insert many circles at the same time in my selections, as some of the parts are hidden or there might pop two circles in my selections. I hope it makes sense. Thanks again :)  Any other approach would be great, if it serves the purpose of adding bunch of shapes simultaneously into the designated selections, without chopping the parts, even using third party applications.

Perhaps you can get your desired result by making the selections one after another. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Perhaps you can get your desired result by making the selections one after another. 

Yes, That's what I'm doing, but it just kills too much time :d It's impossible to record actions for this kind of stuff, right?