You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I have recently made the leap from Indesign to Publisher and I'm working through one or two subtle differences bewteen the two programmes.

So the issue I have is that when I export facing pages (A3 landscape) Publisher seems to join up the pages in the centre. Indesign would always keep these pages separate upon export - which was super useful as I could just print a booklet directly from such a file. It would still show the file as a double page spread but would recognise that they were separate pages.

Unfortunately, Publisher seems to join these pages and therefore when trying to print from the resultant PDF it doesn't recognise the facing pages spread as separate pages  - see below comparisons:

Indesign PDF:

image.thumb.png.20e6887601342c664d47409f201168d9.png

Publisher PDF (Missing Centre Line):

image.thumb.png.3ae5b0d0d61113cd7bc3c617ce96abcd.png

When printing, the Indesign PDF intelligently places each page onto an A3 layout, but the Publisher PDF doesn't recognise separate pages - see below:

Publisher Print (centres the print on the middle of the spread)

image.png.4723e66337a2e04d5bbc228580288b6e.png

Apologies if I am I missing something really simple? Obviously I can export to 'All Pages' rather than to 'All Spreads', but it's just slightly annoying having to create 2 separate PDF files - one for digital viewing and one for physical printing.