You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error when exporting to PDF X-3

Hi Guys!

I'm having a huge problem with two Affinity Publisher files. Everytime I try to export them to the PDF x-3 format an error window pops up with no additional information. Unfortunately I didn't find any solution myself. I attached the files and my export settings at this post. Maybe someone can help me. That would be awesome!

Best regards!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-26 um 19.02.20.png

200726_HOR_Aficionados.afpub 200302_HOR_Watchmakers.afpub

Edited by zeitrahmen

1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

I downloaded both of these publications and created a PDF/X3 based exports with default settings from the both documents without errors. The fonts are mostly replaced and resources are missing but based on this there does not seem to be anything structurally problematic in these publications so the errors might be related to fonts or other resources (their locations, e.g.), etc., or otherwise be somehow system specific.

Can you export parts of your documents, or does any effort fail? How about when using a different export method?

If you can export parts, I'd try "binary" method and always export in halves until you spot the page that causes these errors.

Normal pdf export with Compatibility 1.4 works. I tried your method and the error occurs at 6th page. I thought maybe it is the file format of the image and tried several other. It didn't work.

Then I looked at the font I installed. I noticed that there is an "*" in the name and tried another one but that didn't work either. It is really strange..