Would be better to be able to see the current brush size while sizing it right on the drawing otherwise you're going back and forth all the time. Not good the way it is now.

The brush size should be shown in the context toolbar and in the line page - although in the latter case, there is a bug which has been fixed for the next release. You can also keep the brush manager opened.

Thanks but I'm still confused. When you click on the brush width size, the brush disappears and now you have no idea what size you're choosing until you click out of the sizing and then if it's not what you want, you have to make it disappear again then change the size; so you're going through this iteration again and again until you think the brush is the right size. How inconvenient can you get!

Please make the brush circle stay on the screen while you're sizing it and not disappear. Better yet allow the brush circle to be placed where you want it on the drawing while you're sizing it. If you look at other similar apps, the brush size stays on the screen while you change the size.

Sorry I can't check - are there key shortcuts for resizing brush tips on the fly, no having to move the cursor away from the design area?

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

The bracket keys method is cumbersome.

Photoshop's control+option left to right to size adjust key short is the best I've seen, plus moving up or down adjusts hardness. Brilliant!

The brackets were implemented first because they're the original way of doing it - and also the same message that you get sent from a Wacom tablet when you spin the touch ring/strip in the mode that affects brush size, so is required if you want to integrate nicely with tablets. We'll add the other methods - they don't really conflict with anything that I can see...

Thanks Matt, yeah the brackets method has been the defacto in many apps for years now. I never understood why.  In a lot of photoshop tutorials I read it and think, there is a better way...  ;)

hi)

why the shift + [ and ] combination cannot be used to change the brush hardness?[/size]

No reason why not. I will see if we can add it.

Yes, use the [ and ] keys to change brush size on-document!

AndyS

Why it doesn't work on my side? Is it because I use the french version of the keyboard? Thx

Why it doesn't work on my side? Is it because I use the french version of the keyboard? Thx

I guess so. The square brackets don’t work with German keyboards neither.

Sure, we can customize the shortcuts to make it work. But it seems to me like a hurdle that lots of non-English users won’t get over. So +1 for control+option from me too.