You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush sizing

Thanks but I'm still confused. When you click on the brush width size, the brush disappears and now you have no idea what size you're choosing until you click out of the sizing and then if it's not what you want, you have to make it disappear again then change the size; so you're going through this iteration again and again until you think the brush is the right size. How inconvenient can you get!

Please make the brush circle stay on the screen while you're sizing it and not disappear. Better yet allow the brush circle to be placed where you want it on the drawing while you're sizing it. If you look at other similar apps, the brush size stays on the screen while you change the size.

The bracket keys method is cumbersome.

Photoshop's control+option left to right to size adjust key short is the best I've seen, plus moving up or down adjusts hardness. Brilliant!

• Staff

The brackets were implemented first because they're the original way of doing it - and also the same message that you get sent from a Wacom tablet when you spin the touch ring/strip in the mode that affects brush size, so is required if you want to integrate nicely with tablets. We'll add the other methods - they don't really conflict with anything that I can see...

Thanks Matt, yeah the brackets method has been the defacto in many apps for years now. I never understood why.  In a lot of photoshop tutorials I read it and think, there is a better way...  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Why it doesn't work on my side? Is it because I use the french version of the keyboard? Thx

I guess so. The square brackets don’t work with German keyboards neither.

Sure, we can customize the shortcuts to make it work. But it seems to me like a hurdle that lots of non-English users won’t get over. So +1 for control+option from me too.

• 2 weeks later...