You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What Vector Brushes Export Well in AI?

It's my first time using AD and I've read in the forums that some vector brushes rasterize if they're exported to other programs like AI. I'm trying to create an illustration style logo with some cross hatching and I'm not sure if using vector brushes would be best way to achieve this? What vector brushes would be good for this considering this logo will be sent to a print shop where they most likely use AI? Or what other options would I have for a vectorized illustration in AD on ipad?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice. -SM

• Staff

A lot of the brushes in the Draw persona of Designer are made up of hi res bitmaps, they are pretty clear and you have to zoom in quite a bit before they show any pixelation. But it will depend on your project and which you use, remember when designing to try and do it to scale and when previewing to always preview at 100%. Also it's worth checking with your print shop on what file formats they can accept and what if any settings they require.

19 hours ago, Lee D said:

A lot of the brushes in the Draw persona of Designer are made up of hi res bitmaps, they are pretty clear and you have to zoom in quite a bit before they show any pixelation. But it will depend on your project and which you use, remember when designing to try and do it to scale and when previewing to always preview at 100%. Also it's worth checking with your print shop on what file formats they can accept and what if any settings they require.

This needs to be in the vector persona for a logo that will be scaled to a variation of sizes. Reading some of these posts it sounds like others have used the vector brushes and then try to pop their project into AI and the brush strokes do not look the same as it did in Affinity Designer on the app.

I guess I'm looking for something similar to the brush tool in AI to make something similar to what I've attached here. Would that be the pencil tool? Please let me know if I'm making any sense, I'm new to all of this.

Animal-logo-illustration-vintage-vector-material-02.jpg