You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sorry, but what’s about the blob issue?

On 8/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

Sooner or later everything will be OK

For new customers who doesn’t want to wait several years: The purchase of Affinity Designer for iPad from App Store might be still eligible for a refund. To request a refund from Apple users have to go to https://reportaproblem.apple.com and follow instructions.

4 hours ago, Artsketch said:

For new customers who doesn’t want to wait several years: The purchase of Affinity Designer for iPad from App Store might be still eligible for a refund.

The app provides excellent features at very small cost. For such small investment I’m happy to wait a bit longer for these admittedly annoying bugs to be fixed.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

29 minutes ago, DM1 said:

The app provides excellent features at very small cost. For such small investment I’m happy to wait a bit longer for these admittedly annoying bugs to be fixed.🙂

It’s very annoying to have to sketch in Fresco or Procreate and then import to Affinity Designer to continue artwork. Very time consuming if using multiple pixel layers or want to add some pixel sketches.

9 hours ago, Artsketch said:

It’s very annoying to have to sketch in Fresco or Procreate and then import to Affinity Designer to continue artwork.

So you’re saying Fresco and Procreate are also lacking necessary 'vector' features and so should they also be removed from App Store? The fact is, no app is 'perfect' so we make use of several apps to achieve what we desire. Yes it’s annoying, and hopefully features will be added/improved over time.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

19 hours ago, DM1 said:

So you’re saying Fresco and Procreate are also lacking necessary 'vector' features and so should they also be removed from App Store? The fact is, no app is 'perfect' so we make use of several apps to achieve what we desire. Yes it’s annoying, and hopefully features will be added/improved over time.

These are pixel only app as vectornator is a superior vector only app. But Serif try to sell Affinity Designer for iPad without usable pixel brushes, advertising:

With a single click, switch between full featured vector and raster workspaces. Just think about what that means… add raster brush texture to your illustrations, edit single pixels on icons, mask and add grain to your crisp vectors, enclose and clip pixel layers. This is true creative freedom and the possibilities are endless. 

and blobs at every pixel brushstroke. Over two years now without any attempt to fix. Just think about what that means…

Maybe a script that detects and deletes the blobs?

23 hours ago, Artsketch said:

and blobs at every pixel brushstroke. Over two years now without any attempt to fix.

Yes, that’s not a good result. I'm not sure that serif haven’t 'attempted' to fix it, but any improvement made has been minor. I agree it needs fixing, but the app does many things well, so I still don’t support throwing the baby out with the bath water. If I relied on the app to produce an income I might be inclined to use Vectornator and Procreate for that work, at least till serif fix this issue.

5 hours ago, DM1 said:

If I relied on the app to produce an income I might be inclined to use Vectornator and Procreate for that work, at least till serif fix this issue.

That’s what I’m doing now. Vectornator, Fresco and Procreate.

I’m exited to see the new brush engine in Vectornator and the basic vector bezier tools in Adobe Fresco that will be released soon.

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, Artsketch said:

Any progress on this issue?

As you can see there is no real meaningful dialog here. Only "it will be solved!" from hopeful, dreaming fans etc. You will not get wiser here. Only older. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Purchase something that works well for you. This waiting and talking to forum regulars can go on for years. And probably will.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Just like that ... I wonder why some "unhappy" people are still on this forum....why they just don't quit and go somewhere else.... if they really don't like and use Affinity products anymore...

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• 3 weeks later...

hi @Dan C  @Gabe could you inform if is possible to have this issue fixed at the next update? hopefully it's not majority of people that is having this issue. but I guess the minority are struggling and getting very frustrated about it. which makes the software unusable to them, would be cool for all to have some update about when this would be a priority, since it's being a time that these people are struggling about it. Thanks in advance, I wish all the safety to the team in these pandemic time.

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

• Staff

Unfortunately there has not yet been any develop update to this issue, my apologies.

I am aware that Artsketch (and many other users) are patiently awaiting for this bug to be fixed and I will be sure to update this thread whenever we have news.

I will, once again, 'bump' this with our development team - so that they're aware users are chasing a fix.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

11 minutes ago, Dan C said:

I am aware that Artsketch (and many other users) are patiently awaiting for this bug to be fixed and I will be sure to update this thread whenever we have news.

I hope you and the developer team understand how annoying it is to be forced to sketch in Fresco, Procreate, Sketches or SketchBook and then permanently import layers to Affinity Designer to continue with vectors.

• Staff
1 minute ago, Artsketch said:

I hope you and the developer team understand how annoying it is to be forced to sketch in Fresco, Procreate, Sketches or SketchBook and then import layers to Affinity Designer to continue with vectors.

I don't have any experience with this sorry.

I offer my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

20 hours ago, Erfandaardha said:

You know what?

This bug happen since AD launched, And i was reporting this many times and totaly waited almost 2 years and nothing change

You can search for same thread and no fix hapened 

I think to move with illustrator ipad, but its verry pricy like $10/mo

Link on that thread from you, please...

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, Artsketch said:

No blobs any more, after two years drawing is possible now!

Only in the beta see here: