You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Support for that camera model will need to be added to the RAW engine database that we use. We do use some extra Canon code so it may be when this is updated the model will be supported, but no eta at this time.

11 hours ago, IanSG said:

"Not supported" isn't the same as "doesn't work" - the R5 .cr3 files I've tried have worked in AP

I have tried yesterday and although AP open the file, it doesn't ready it correctly and all color are not correct and their is a black band on too side of the image.

you might have tried a preproduction model with a different file file format.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Gabor Gosztonyi said:

Hi, I join with the question: R5 and R6 launched at the same time, I have R6 and have the same problem. When do you plan to include them into AP support? Do you plan to include the RF lens of Canon, too? If yes, when?

Photoshop already support this format and adobe dng convertor manager the convertion from cr3 to dng. For the moment this is what i use to be able to process the files in AP and slowing done the work flow a lot!

7 minutes ago, jean denis said:

Photoshop already support this format and adobe dng convertor manager the convertion from cr3 to dng. For the moment this is what i use to be able to process the files in AP and slowing done the work flow a lot!

Thank you, but do not have PS or Adobe dng convertor. I bought AP not to pay for Adobe products. For the moment I try to solve this with Canon Digital Photo Professional version 4.12. which can handle these files in RAW, too. You can also download it from Canon if you give your serial number. But I DO HOPE AP WILL UPDATE VERY SOON!

4 minutes ago, Gabor Gosztonyi said:

Thank you, but do not have PS or Adobe dng convertor. I bought AP not to pay for Adobe products. For the moment I try to solve this with Canon Digital Photo Professional version 4.12. which can handle these files in RAW, too. You can also download it from Canon if you give your serial number. But I DO HOPE AP WILL UPDATE VERY SOON!

You do not need PS to use their free DNG convertor. You can download it from the following link. It will be much quicker then waiting on Serif to release it in an updated version. They just released a 1.9 Beta version, so it may be a few months before the R5 and R6 is included.

Adobe DNG Convertor

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

10 minutes ago, Gabor Gosztonyi said:

I am like you I don’t have PS, my point was that PS as already updated their software so AP need to do so now. 
the way I am going around is use adobe dng convertor which is free as a beta version then use that dng to open it in AP

1 hour ago, Ron P. said:

You do not need PS to use their free DNG convertor. You can download it from the following link. It will be much quicker then waiting on Serif to release it in an updated version. They just released a 1.9 Beta version, so it may be a few months before the R5 and R6 is included.

Adobe DNG Convertor

Thank you, I try it.