You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

4 hours ago, Fotographer said:

That did it, but I don't understand the purpose of having that option?

Especially with the "default" being to become transparent where overlapped.  I would think that the vast majority of the time the user would want to have it remain solid and, therefore, for that to be the default.

Scott

7 hours ago, Fotographer said:

That did it, but I don't understand the purpose of having that option?

Because it is needed in many situations?

https://affinity.help/designer/en-US.lproj/pages/CurvesShapes/about_linesAndShapes.html

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

7 hours ago, GlueFactoryBJJ said:

I would think that the vast majority of the time the user would want to have it remain solid and, therefore, for that to be the default.

Scott, right off the top of my head I can't give you any good examples.  But I have to say that I have only needed it a few times in several years of using AD.  So I have never thought about which should be the default.  I guess it depends on how you tend to draw.  Like if I am drawing distorted star I usually start with the star shape and distort that.  Where if I were drawing the star from the pen tool I would have to change the winding.  If the opposite were the default I don't know if I would have had to change it more or less.  Which again may be due to my style of drawing.  If it's a serious issue you could request it to be changed, though I would guess after several years without a lot of complaints it wouldn't be changed.  Mike

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra