You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting a colour from a document palette causes Designer to hang indefinitely

I'm working on a Mac with Mojave 10.14.5 on a file with 9 art boards.  As of yesterday afternoon every time I choose a colour from my imported document palette in the vector persona I get the coloured spinner and Designer (version 1.8.3) hangs endlessly until I force quit. I've created a new document and copy/pasted onto 1 art board to check if multiple art boards is the problem but it's doing the same thing immediately. Anyone else having this problem or know what I can do to solve it - I have a deadline to meet next week and I'm worried.

Does it happen only when you select a swatch from the imported palette? If yes, where does it come from, was it exported from Affinity? If exported from Affinity as document palette: did you import it also as document palette? Can you upload the palette?

Does it happen in other documents, too, even in new? Or with other palettes?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi Thomaso, I created the colour palette in Designer when I set up the job (I made a mood board of images and selected 'create palette from document' and I exported it as a document palette to the job folder).
I import the document palette each time I open this document or create a new document for this job (weirdly, it doesn't retain the document palette within the document).  The hang problem happens repeatedly when I'm working on the original document containing multiple art boards (9 of them). But it also happened when I created a new file with just 1 art board and then imported the job's document palette to that new document. I haven't tested adding other imported document palettes to the original file, but I can do that and check back in.

I've uploaded the document palette here. 
Interestingly, I'm testing picking colours from the artwork I've created now, rather than the swatches in the palette to see if that will cause Designer to hang. We'll see.

Palette-Option2Tama.afpalette

I loaded your palette to an existing .afdesign with 12 artboards and two existing document palettes and I can switch between the range of your swatches with various objects selected without any harm. Regardless what document color space (RGB, CMYK, LAB) I have set when using your LAB swatches. Also your palette still is available in the document after closing and reopening this .afdesign.

28 minutes ago, Adele Jackson said:

I import the document palette each time I open this document or create a new document for this job (weirdly, it doesn't retain the document palette within the document). 

Vague guess: Maybe it doesn't import or save properly for any reason?
If you like create an .afdesign with a few typical objects of your project + import the palette + save + upload that file. Before uploading test whether the swatches cause the hang.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thanks Thomaso, I'll do that. It's just hung again as I colour picked from the generic palette in the new document I made containing some of the objects from the project. It might have to be a tomorrow's job to test now. I didn't know the palette was LAB, I might also try creating a new colour palette from the project itself. It's one of my favourite features of afdesign so I'm baffled as to why it's glitching. Thanks for your late night help (from NZ).