You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NIK Collection Installation

Hi. I just downloaded The NIK Collection 3 set of filters. My computer is running High Sierra and Affinity Photo is VER 1.83. The meet the requirements. 

I followed these instructions. As below...

1. Installation & create plugins

• Process Nik Collection by DxO installation
  • During “Compatible Host” step, click on + to create a custom plugins folder in your preferred directory (use the combination shift+Cmd+n if necessary), then click Open
  • In the installer, you will see a Adobe Photoshop Custom1 host added to your list
  • By successively clicking on Continue and Install , a 'DxO' folder will be created in background in the directory you chose............................"NIK Collection" not DxO Folder.  
  • This 'DxO' folder will contain all Nik Collection by DxO plugins
  • Continue installation until finished and click on Close

2. Launch the application Affinity Photo 1.8 (or higher)

3. Import Nik Collection plugins into Affinity Photo 1.8 (or higher)

• In the top menu, go to Affinity Photo > Preferences
  • Select Photoshop Plugins tab
  • In “Plugin Search Folder” click on Add
  • In the dialog popup select the “DxO”  NIK Collection folder created after installation and press Ok
  • In “Plugin Support Folder” click on Authorize Global and Authorize without selecting anything
  • In “Detected Plugins” check the checkbox to “Allow “Unknown” plugins to be used”
  • Close the “Preferences” via the Close button
  • Select Restart Now
  • If opened after restart, close the “Preferences” popup

4. Import your image to Affinity Photo 1.8 (or higher)

5. Launch Nik Collection by DxO plugins via Affinity Photo 1.8 (or higher)

• Go to Filters > Plugins > Nik Collection > “Plugin Name”

Thru the process "NIK Collection" folder was created instead of a "DxO" Folder. Other than that the instructions were exactly the same as above. 

Ron 

I have made a few attempts at this yet there remains no selectable  items when i check the Filters> PlugIns > Nik Collection.

Thanks for posting.

My problem is that after installing (MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 32GB) in some tools of the NIK-collection the descriptive text of the sliders to influence the outcome is missing. In others, they show. Without sliders it is practically impossible to use these tools.

I did a complete de- and reinstall. But the problem remains.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded The NIK Collection 3 . My computer is running Catalina and I am using Affinity Photo 1.84.

I am not able any more to install the plugins, no error messages, I am following the instructions but I see no plugins in the preference window and no plugins in Affinity filters.

I have installed and used the nik filters 2.5 without problems.

Who can help me?

Cees

19 minutes ago, Aad Slingerland said:

I followed the same instruction. the strange thing is that I have done the installation before without any problems.  I now notice that no plug-in is visible in the preference!

the plug-ins work on their own, so the cause must be the communication between affinity and the plug-ins, I think.

Cees

1 hour ago, Cees A. Groot said:

I followed the same instruction. the strange thing is that I have done the installation before without any problems.  I now notice that no plug-in is visible in the preference!

In the Photoshop Plugins tab of AP preferences what is shown in the Plugin Support Folders section? It should be a single forward slash like this:

1875422476_PluginSupportFolder.jpg.0bf6d47e05d31d0ea88352d5064bfbb4.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Cees, Just some ideas.

Could you please specify the Plugin Search Folders complete path. In my Windows installation that will be "c:\Program Files\Affinity\plugins\DxO" . And yes I'm know that the MAC OS, which is Unix based, does not have  the concept of 'drive letters'.

Could you check with finder or a terminal that the plugins are actually THERE?

40 minutes ago, Cees A. Groot said:

this is the whole window. Everything looks as normal?

It does to me. Are you sure there is a folder in the top level Applications folder named "Nik Collection" & that in it there are subfolders containing plugins (items with a .plugin extension)?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

55 minutes ago, Aad Slingerland said:

Cees, Just some ideas.

Could you please specify the Plugin Search Folders complete path. In my Windows installation that will be "c:\Program Files\Affinity\plugins\DxO" . And yes I'm know that the MAC OS, which is Unix based, does not have  the concept of 'drive letters'.

Could you check with finder or a terminal that the plugins are actually THERE?

Aad, Yes they are, see my answer to R C-R

2 hours ago, R C-R said:

It does to me. Are you sure there is a folder in the top level Applications folder named "Nik Collection" & that in it there are subfolders containing plugins (items with a .plugin extension)?

Hello, see my screen prints. The Nik Collection Folder is located in the Apps/Application Folder. have also uninstalled and reinstalled several times!

Nik Collection Folder.jpg

Viveza Content.jpg

Edited by Cees A. Groot
Addition

Just guessing but I think you probably missed the step to create a custom "Compatible Host” plugins folder. It is mentioned in both the DxO & the other link's instructions, but it is easy to overlook that if you use the DxO instructions.

Affinity Photo 

• 2 weeks later...

I have followed ALL the instructions here, there and everywhere meticulously on installing the Nik Collection on my pc. I work on Windows 10 with Nik 2.5 latest version and AP 1.8.5.703. My AP Preferences screen shows as follows; AFFINITY PS Files is the folder I created for the DxO folder created by the installation proces.

image.png.f8627872d66c2a2f1ec12847a9e86926.pngl

When I - with a pixel-layer selected - go to the Filters menu, all but one plugins are greyed out/don't work.

image.png.c770d8aba7c213c490cccfa08432aeb4.png

Is there anybody, please, who can help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance!

18 hours ago, Piet Brummer said:

When I - with a pixel-layer selected - go to the Filters menu, all but one plugins are greyed out/don't work.

What is the bit-depth of the document, 8 16 or 32? Some plugins won't work with anything over 8 some will work with 8 & 16 very few will work with 32 bit documents.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.