You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi to everyone!

I'm designing a tiny game, a riddle. There will be ten riddles (printed in brochure-print-mode) and ten brochures for hints and solutions.

Each page is A7-sized (74 × 105 mm) in landscape-orientation. The brochure will be printed doublesided on A4-cardboard.

For paper-saving-reasons I want to print two brochures on one A4-sheet.

For timesaving-reasons I want to edit all brochures in one file. Is there a way to archive that? Kind of brochure- and n-up-Print in one step?

If not: Is there another solution to my problem?

Thank you!

Greetings from Germany

Micha

Please excuse my bad english. I learned it at school over thirty years ago. If you don't use it (regularly), you'll loose it.

Windows 10 & iPadOS: Affinity Suite (v1 and v2), all Workbooks (v1, german language), some content-packages

I am not sure if I understood your idea(s) of efficiency entirely, so just pick what is useful.

A.) Without using a separate imposition software you could layout the .afpub to save time and paper: For instance create two brochures below each other on a A5 portrait format. (Without any bleed your desired 74 x 105 fit 8 times on a A4.) For this the total page number of the brochures per layout page should be equal. Further brochures can get separated by using sections within your single .afpub.

645602972_brochure1x4layout.jpg.74b504ec55f5531e6adb88e9478e718b.jpg

B.) In APub's print options you apparently can combine a 4-page-layout (≠ n-up) with the booklet print option:
(the layout from above doesn't fit here but it shows the principle of imposition)

410053163_brochure1x4print.jpg.42828aed493b04214f3bed3d1efbfba4.jpg

You also might take try APub's "book" print feature, which is some different to the "booklet" model. Unfortunately the Help doesn't even mention this option, though it is visible in its screenshot. I just remember from a previous thread it handles selected print pages differently if you don't print an entire .afpub.
https://affinity.help/publisher/English.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Publishing/print.html?title=Print 
Possibly you can test their differences without wasting paper & ink by printing as PDF.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @thomaso!

Sorry for the late reply. 😌

We managed the Problem unexpected. The Printer in charge was not able to print exact on both sides. So we gave the PDF to a print-shop - and our problem was None anymore. 😁

Greetings from Germany

Micha

Please excuse my bad english. I learned it at school over thirty years ago. If you don't use it (regularly), you'll loose it.

Windows 10 & iPadOS: Affinity Suite (v1 and v2), all Workbooks (v1, german language), some content-packages