Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey community and devs!

Problem is the following:

I am not able to use the right click on the buttons of the stylus of my HUION display tablet in the complete Affinity Suite (latest release as well as beta).
The right click doesn't get recognized.

I have already tried experimenting with the preferences, but have not come to a sufficient result, but to the realization that it could be related to Windows Ink.

I have already written in more detail about this here, a topic about a similar problem.

I'm using the latest release of OS and drivers as well as both latest release and betas of the Affinity Suite.
Display tablet I'm using:  HUION Kamvas Pro 13
Now in the beta, the option to set Windows Ink has now been removed - but the problem still exists for me.

Any thoughts/idead/workarounds/solutions about this?

Greetings
MrDoodlezz


MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mark,

yes, it is currently activated.

If I disable it in the driver, there is no variation in line width in version 1.8.3.641.
In the current beta version 1.8.4.681 there will be no stroke at all.

But I'd have the possibility to use the right click.

Basically it's like …

Windows Ink activated = right-click unavailable but stroke/variation of line width available
Windows Ink deactivated = right-click available but stroke/variation of line width unavailable

As if you can't have both line width and right click. Which is a bit frustrating and blocks the workflow,
because I have to switch constantly between mouse and graphics tablet.

Hope you get what I mean. 😅

Greetings and have a nice weekend
MrDoodlezz


MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

any news on this? I guess the right-click issue got solved … but now there's a much bigger issue.

For me, with the latest release, the stylus tip itself as a input isn't recognized on the canvas any more –
though I can use it on the toolbar and pretty much anywhere to select.

Basically, the tablet is therefore completely inoperative and unnecessary, as its main function no longer works?

What's going on? 😢

Greetings
MrDoodlezz


MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 4:14 PM, MrDoodlezz said:

Hey guys,

any news on this? I guess the right-click issue got solved … but now there's a much bigger issue.

For me, with the latest release, the stylus tip itself as a input isn't recognized on the canvas any more –
though I can use it on the toolbar and pretty much anywhere to select.

Basically, the tablet is therefore completely inoperative and unnecessary, as its main function no longer works?

What's going on? 😢

Greetings
MrDoodlezz

Are you using Mouse Mode on the tablet? If so, this is no longer supported without using the --legacy-wintab command line option. More details here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Are you using Mouse Mode on the tablet? If so, this is no longer supported without using the --legacy-wintab command line option. More details here:

 

@Mark Ingram Hey Mark,

Do you have "Mouse Mode" enabled?
No. It's disabled. In the HUION driver it's called Game Mode I guess.

Do you have custom regions configured?
No.

Do you have Windows Ink enabled?
Yes. Without it it'd behave like I mentioned above.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:48 PM, MrDoodlezz said:

Windows Ink deactivated = right-click available but stroke/variation of line width unavailable


MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 1:20 PM, MrDoodlezz said:

@Mark Ingram Hey Mark,

Do you have "Mouse Mode" enabled?
No. It's disabled. In the HUION driver it's called Game Mode I guess.

Do you have custom regions configured?
No.

Do you have Windows Ink enabled?
Yes. Without it it'd behave like I mentioned above.

We have no way of knowing that you have Windows Ink enabled in the driver, unfortunately. If you want to use Windows Ink, you will have to disable the WinTab driver at startup by using the --disable-wintab command line option.

We have Huion devices here for testing, and we don't have issues with pressure data not being received - though admittedly we don't have your particular model. Do you definitely have a brush with pressure configured on one of the dynamics? Have you tried the Force Pressure option?

A follow-up question @MrDoodlezz, what do you use the right click for? As we've changed shortcuts in 1.8.4 to no longer use right click as a modifier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Mark Ingram,

guess I found the problem. Seems like HUION changed the way their driver checks for updates.

Turns out I was already a few iterations behind and the »check for updates« button wasn't … well, really checking for updates at all. 🙄
Sorry that I assumed it must be a problem of the Affinity software - but since all my other tools worked without issues this was my first thought. 😅

 Still have to test it for a few days – but the first try was successful and for right now it's working! 😉🤞

Cheers
MrDoodlezz


MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.