You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One of the things I need to do after outputting to PDF is check the PDF page boxes are correct before sending to a printer. (The boxes are: Media, Trim and Crop, and occasionally Bleed and Art.)

I don't need to edit the boxes, just quickly visualize them and check the numbers (dimensions).

This can be done with Acrobat Pro (or PitStop Pro in Acrobat) but I'm trying to dump my Adobe subscription and move to Affinity-only.

My question then: is there any way in any of the Affinity tools to display existing page box layout and dimensions for a PDF?

Opening PDFs in both Designer and Publisher, I feel like the information is probably there, but I can't locate it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for you time!

Hi Patrick,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

• Placed documents offer a Page Box option on the context toolbar to choose how the page displays (e.g., with/without bleed, objects only).

https://affinity.help/publisher/English.lproj/pages/Media/placeImages.html

2033856285_pageboxmenu.jpg.857c28cd56b721a0ad9fdc237b844636.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

> I can just place onto a spread size larger than the PDF in order to get the full-sized view.

Not necessarily. You also can place a PDF in any reduced size on any smaller page and zoom in to visually check the media boxes. Visually it wouldn't make a difference – as long you don't need the ruler or any size measurement.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

11 hours ago, thomaso said:

> You also can place a PDF in any reduced size on any smaller page and zoom in to visually check the media boxes. Visually it wouldn't make a difference – as long you don't need the ruler or any size measurement.

Very true. I'm just in the habit of having the artwork size correspond to the document frame rulers. I'm sure I could get used to this, and if not I have options using the larger spread.

As regards getting the dimensions of the selected PDF Page Box, the Transform panel displays all the dimensions of the currently selected Page Box, so that gives me what I need.

I also noticed that there is a menu option to select which Spread to display in the content container—cool feature!