You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iCloud Logos Incorrect

Hi @Seanzy Welcome to the Affinity forums.

I've been unable to recreate this, however, on looking into it - it seems to be an old issue that has reappeared. I'd like to see if I can recreate it and then pass the details on to development. So I'm going to need a bit more information.

• How long have you had the apps?
  • Do you only use the Affinity iCloud folders on your Mac or do you use them on an iPad too?
  • If you double-click one of the files in the Affinity Designer folder does it open in the correct app? 

Thanks

Thank you for reaching out @SPaceBar

-I’ve been using the apps for roughly 3 months 

-I use the icloud folders on both iPad and Mac, the logos are correct on the iPad and not the mac.  

-Yes, the files open in the appropriate app when double clicking 

Edited by Seanzy

Hey @Seanzy Thanks for the extra info.

I'm glad to hear that the folders are functioning as they should. This sounds like it could be a cosmetic issue in that case. I have a couple more questions for you:

• Did you start saving files to the iCloud with our desktop apps first or our iPad apps? 
    • I know personally I had the desktop apps a year before but only started saving Affinity files to the iCloud once I got my iPad this year.
  • When you say the logos are correct on the iPad do you mean the iCloud folders or your local folders?

Thanks

@SPaceBar

•  I started my save files on the desktop app first. 
  • Yes, the badge on each folder on the iPad is correct; the designer logo for designer and photo for photo.
  • It's on the desktop Designer icloud folder that the badge is incorrect.

It is very much cosmetic, yes, but it triggers my OCD. 😅

Sorry when I post here instead of a new thread:

Icons are wrong on the iPad
File names are correct, but if I click on an afdesign - File on the iPad, Affinity Photo will start and Open the designer file.

F9834E85-F53D-44DF-A5FB-8DF113DE5649.thumb.jpeg.2bed3e529f4fc5a0fb72838a4ddf010c.jpeg

On the Mac, everything is correct with the icons, and the correct app will start.

PNG-Bild.png.ea9a57746594b642d100706787f1f16d.png

5 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Hey @Seanzy Thanks for the extra info. I will have a look at making new folders and see if I can recreate the issue.

Sorry to hear it's messing with your OCD, I can relate as I've been experimenting with my folders and now I have 3. 😮

Oh my, I did the same, moving everything out of the folders, then deleting the folder than reopening and saving on the cloud in the auto-created design save but it still created it with the photo badge. 🤣 

I appreciate you trying though, @SPaceBar, would love to know if It’s user error or a bug of some sort. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, SPaceBar said:

Hey @Blende21 Thanks for the screenshots. Do you remember whether you started saving the desktop apps or the iPad apps to the iCloud first?

Does the afdesign document you mention still open with Designer if you select Open from the Cloud?

Hello, I did for sure install on my iPad Pro first, because I bought it in 2017, and purchased and installed AD right after it got available. My Mac is from 2019, before I was on a Win10-desktop with only APhoto installed. For the Mac I installed all Affinity programs in April 2019. So it was iPad first for sure.

When I use the Files App from iOS, files from the Designer workbook download  are called .afdesign, but open in APhoto. When I open AD, choose import from cloud and pick the same file there, it opens in AD.

When I save a copy of this very file from AD into the cloud, it saves as .afdesign again. But when I open it from the files app, it opens APhoto instead of AD. So no change even with files created from the right app on the iPad.

Conclusion: The handling of which file type to open with which app on the iPad seems mixed up. For me there is no obvious reason why this happened, and I have no idea when it happened. I update OS and apps close to the release of new versions. I am not using AD that much, and rarely from the files app, so I did not notice a change in the file-app-relation. I just checked it out when by accident I read this thread, and found I have this issue.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:31 AM, SPaceBar said:

Thanks for the extra info @Blende21 I have passed it on to the development team. :)

Hi, any news on this ? 

Usually I would uninstall and reinstall, and see what happens. I just don’t want to destroy the current situation, and don’t urgently need the iPad version at the moment. So if there is an answer to come, I can still wait.