You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No painting on reversed mask

I am using Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Macbook Pro 2020 with OS Catalina.

1. When a mask (or an adjustment-layer) is reversed (Option Mask) or fully colored black the brush tool stop working (I am unable to paint white on the mask).
  2. When using frequency separation even if the blending mode is set on normal it actually often behave as if set on other modes

The strange thing is that it seems to do so with most of photos most of the times but not always. All the photos have the very same origin, setting and shoot with the same camera (Sony).

Any idea or suggestion please?

Thank you.

A.

Hi Andrea,

and welcome here … 😀

I have the same computer setup as you do, but can’t confirm that issue. Would you mind sharing an .aphoto file where you can get the function to fail? Or did you, by any chance, enable Protect Alpha on the context toolbar of the paintbrush tool? If so, you may want to disable it and see if the issue persists. 🙂

Alex