You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen Tool in pixels?

• Staff

Hi Rik,

There's two different modes related to drawing/painting (called Personas in Affinity) you can use in Affinity Designer.

One is Draw Persona, and it allows you to work with vector tools, like Xara does.

The other is Pixel Persona where all tools work with pixels like in Photoshop (bitmap based tools). There's no equivalent of this mode in Xara. 

You can change between those two modes with the first two icons below the window controls on the top left corner. And you can mix vector layers with raster layers from both modes.

Additionally you can make Affinity render your document (no matter if there's vector layers there or not) as pixels. You can activate this going to View -> View Mode -> Pixels

With this view mode enabled you can draw with all vector tools while the document is rendered in pixels (similar to what Adobe Fireworks does). Basically it allows you to draw with pixels using vector tools to control your shapes/paths.

Possibly I didn't explain myself properly!

Or I've not understood your reply, MEB.

I'm very used to working with things in pixels.

When I draw a line or an outline on a box or shape - I adjust the pixel amount to get what I want.

As you will see by the attached image, when I select the Pen Tool in Affinity Designer, I can only change the size in points. In the attached image, you can see the size is set at 0.6pt at the moment.

I would like the option of being able to set this to pixels.

I've been through the options you suggest, and nothing changes this from points to pixels.

Is this possible please?

post-809-0-10221800-1411223274_thumb.png