You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 minutes ago, ConnectCreative said:

SORTED! Found a free font that contains shapes, all done :)

Is it a secret? :/

Anyway, I’ll go ahead and post this link for anyone who’s interested: BLACK HEXAGON (U+2B22) Font Support

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

For your project, is there any significant advantage in your workflow to using a font versus using the Polygon tool and creating them manually?

Hi there, yes there is - I wanted to setup a Text Style that handled the bullets as I have A LOT of text to format. Using a font specifically for the shape means I can use it in my text style and change size / colour etc easily, updating all instances throughout the brochure. I'd previously used a polygon shape manually placed where I needed a bullet symbol for a leaflet that only had a few bullets in, but this version is MUCH easier to manage! 

Just now, ConnectCreative said:

Hi there, yes there is - I wanted to setup a Text Style that handled the bullets as I have A LOT of text to format. Using a font specifically for the shape means I can use it in my text style and change size / colour etc easily, updating all instances throughout the brochure. 

Ahhh, got it. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the thought process in your workflow. Very nice. 🙂