You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DAM & Tethering

I have just started to use Affinity Photo and I have been really impressed by it. It’s essentially been a bit of a Photoshop killer for me, almost, as I still use a number of panels such as Beautify that I use for portrait/fashion work.

Like many of us I’d love to see Affinity create a DAM so all of my creativity can be joined up. I also find Creative Cloud useful for syncing across devices and its ability to share images with my clients.

There is one other feature in Lightroom Desktop (not CC) that is really useful for portrait photographers; tethering. Being able to take a photograph and it to tether directly into a DAM would be a compelling reason to switch out of my monthly Adobe subscription.

I hope that helps.

Jon

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 9:47 PM, Jon Busby said:

I have just started to use Affinity Photo and I have been really impressed by it. It’s essentially been a bit of a Photoshop killer for me, almost, as I still use a number of panels such as Beautify that I use for portrait/fashion work.

Like many of us I’d love to see Affinity create a DAM so all of my creativity can be joined up. I also find Creative Cloud useful for syncing across devices and its ability to share images with my clients.

There is one other feature in Lightroom Desktop (not CC) that is really useful for portrait photographers; tethering. Being able to take a photograph and it to tether directly into a DAM would be a compelling reason to switch out of my monthly Adobe subscription.

I hope that helps.

Jon

I understand the calls for a DAM but Serif isn't (yet) a multi-billion dollar company and I think it's better that Serif concentrates on a few very good software products as at present rather than spread themselves too thinly to produce many mediocre products. There's no shortage of good software already out there such as Exposure X5 etc.

• 3 years later...

I can confirm that PA1NT's tethering automator script works great, in conjunction with EOS utility 2 - this will come in real handy👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk