You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Boolean operating tools (subtract) not working as expected.

I'm expecting smooth cuts when I subtract the lines from the circle. I happened before but i made an error, now it keeps staggering near the top few lines. Any pointers as to what im doing wrong? The circle and rectangles have been converted to curves. I have tried doing them individually but keep getting the same error. 

After.jpg

Before.jpg

You can work around the bug (which is still in the current 1.8.4 beta) by doing a non-destructive subtract and then optionally converting the resulting Compound object to a Curves object.

A non-destructive boolean operation is performed by holding down alt/option key when invoking the boolean operation.

4 hours ago, anon2 said:

You can work around the bug (which is still in the current 1.8.4 beta) by doing a non-destructive subtract and then optionally converting the resulting Compound object to a Curves object.

A non-destructive boolean operation is performed by holding down alt/option key when invoking the boolean operation.

Just wanted to say that when i pressed Alt + Subtract Boolean i got the result i was after. Many thanks for the help!

Result.jpg