You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello 

I have a A5 document with facing pages ( 16 page)  that I wish to print as an A5 booklet, printed on A4 pages landscape, double sided.  I am novice with this software and struggling to print it correctly.  I have tried printing  both in Affinity publisher,  and also as an exported PDF in  Adobe Acrobat.  

Unfortunately due to my lack of skill  I am having trouble understanding the technical layout of the pages, in the print dialog box, and how to print it so that the booklet pages print  are double sided in the correct order, when folding the booklet.  Can anyone help me solve this issu please.

Thank you 

MP

Hi LadyFH,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

In Affinity you can choose the "Booklet" option (menu "Document Layout") to print 2 portrait A5 pages on 1 landscape A4 sheet and get the imposition done correctly. The settings may depend on your computers operating system and your printer driver. It can be useful to check the duplex option (menu "Layout"), too, to get the prints placed as wanted, e.g. flipping (binding) on the long edge of your page to avoid the backsides printed upside down. – Acrobat offers these options, too, there it might be titled "Brochure".

963114451_printbooklet.jpg.13f7b529d5093971313640c04b037645.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Update on the printing issues. I have now discovered that I needed to update my printer drivers, which is why the booklet would not print. I am now able to print the booklet as described in Affinity Publisher.  Not a AP issue but a communication issue between computer and printer.

• 11 months later...

Hallo,

ik ben van plan om over te stappen van Adobe creative cloud naar affinity suite. Met name voor publisher en photo.

ik heb een oki Pro 9431 laserprinter. Ik werk al jaren met InDesign en daar kun je één algemeen formaat (A4, 4 pagina’s ) 250 gram in InDesign ingeven, voor al je gespecificeerd drukwerk.

ik werk met verschillende papierformaten, 4-kant 160 x 160 mm /  276 x  197 mm  / 175 x 230 mm /  130 x 130 mm, etc etc etc

Bij een printopdracht via het menu in InDesign kun je deze aanklikken en de printer leest het juiste papierformaat en vraagt vervolgens om dit formaat via de display.

een ideale situatie dus en voor mijn werk essentieel!!!

is ditzelfde ook mogelijk in publisher?

ik zie prachtige tutorials die veelal dezelfde zaken uitleggen, maar ik zie nergens een goede tutorial over, hoe op een juiste manier printen/afdrukken.

wie, oh wie heeft voor mij het juiste antwoord?

dank alvast en groetjes,

jacob B