You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preferences file for Affinity Photo on drive

Where is the Affinity Photo preferences file stored? I am migrating to Windows 10 on another computer and would like to simply

copy the preferences file over to the correct directory rather than have to go through the process of setting all my preferences (including lens data, etc)

in the new machine.

thank you

laz

Light travels faster than sound. That's why someone can look bright until you hear them speak.

There is no single file, but a directory.

This FAQ article should help you find the directory:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for the info, I see that those options/preferences are somewhere inside the AppData folder for the user. Sadly, even though I have Administrator rights, the folder is not accessible to me

as it is a 'protected' folder. I did find a CFG file inside the Affinity folder which holds the Affinity Photo executable. Will play with this and see if I can find a workaround. AGain, thanks

laz

Light travels faster than sound. That's why someone can look bright until you hear them speak.

• 2 years later...

app data is a hidden system folder, its nothing to do with admin rights. you will need to open file explorer, go to view , show hidden items (win 11)

or view show hidden items check box in the view options

then go to users / yourusername/ and you will see appdata at the root or in a folder called default if you have more than one account on the machine.

I think its then appdata/localpackages/serifeuropelimited

wink wink;

to anyone using an old gpu that has cuda cores, but is randomly no longer able to tick hardware acceleration - this may be a way to force gpu acceleration :

change settings/performancepreferences file in notepad from false to

<UseHardwareAcceleration>True</UseHardwareAcceleration>

you will also need to install openCL from windows store and it helps to install the cuda drivers (the old way) not the nvidia (you must buy a new GPU because we dont like your old cuda cores) 'experience' way. :)

or serif could just let us tick the box in preferences when we all moved to win11 and lost all gpu support...tut tut