You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher v Quark – Export as PDF text rendering problem

7 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

Font formatting may be hidden in paragraph breaks and other control characters. This is at least common in InDesign, where it can be similarly hard to find where specific fonts are used.

I still don't know why it can't find the font which has exactly the same name. My previous experience in InDesign and QXP was it tells you which is missing, you can select that font and replace it with another. Publisher just tells me there is a font missing but doesn't allow me to replace it. And yet makes a lovely looking PDF (with this T1 OTF version).

4 hours ago, Lagarto said:

Note too that the other document was in RGB format and the other in CMYK format (however the level of gray was approximately same in both files). In Publisher, if you produce an RGB version of a CMYK document that has e.g. K100 text, the color of the font would not be RGB 0, 0, 0 (like it would be when you export to digital use from QXP and InDesign) but dark gray.

OK thanks, I'll keep a close eye on the settings when exporting.