You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating New Preset Crashes App

Just started displaying this behavior today. Mac OS 10.15.4  - Affinity Designer - When I try to create a new preset by clicking the "plus" icon the app crashes. - Have tried several times to create a preset this morning, and am still unable to do so no matter how I adjust the parameters of the document. Every time I click the "plus" icon, the app crashes suddenly, and asks if I would like to file a report with apple. - I have done so. Thanks guys. Keep up the hard work. Thank you.

Edited by Robert Hansford

2020 M1 Mac Mini, 16GB, Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1
iPad Pro 12.9, Gen 4, iPad OS 16.3.1

• Staff

Hi Robert,

We've had this a few times with users, but haven't been able to reproduce it ourselves. Would you mind just getting a screen recording showing the settings you're trying to create a template from and also a copy of the crash report that appears afterwards please. We (in QA) certainly don't have access to these, and I think trying to find individual ones is much harder for development.

Also are you using the version from the Affinity Store or the Mac App Store? I would be interested getting a copy of your User Data folder to try and reproduce. If you could zip up and attach it to the Dropbox link below I can try and reproduce using your user settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/qYdnliuySeUdA4PUTKJW

Affinity Store version: 
~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer/

Mac App Store version
~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/

Well, strangely enough, I tried it again just now, for the first time since I reported it to you, - and the crash/bug did not reappear. I'm using the Mac App Store version. - I took a video of the process, but was not able to reproduce the bug/crash. I sent the requested user data in the off chance it helps.  Thank you! Cheers!

UPDATE/EDIT: - File is big. 644MB - Having trouble uploading it. It's moving, but slowly. Keeps stalling out at 70-80%. Might be the traffic in my area. Always busy around this time (ROK)- I will let it alone for a while, and if it fails tonight (my time) I will try again in the morning.

Cheers!

2020 M1 Mac Mini, 16GB, Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1
iPad Pro 12.9, Gen 4, iPad OS 16.3.1

• Staff
15 minutes ago, Robert Hansford said:

Thanks for the time. If it happens again, I'll be sure to repeat the process and capture it on video. I'll have that file ready to go as well. -

Cheers! -

Thank you if you could also grab the contents of the folder that contains the 'user' one that would also be helpful (there are a bunch of other settings). I've updated the paths above to that location. :)