You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

there's no contextual menu available in separate mode

llx

It is not normal – but can be usual at first. Note in separated mode you have an entirely separate window and panel setting.

So in case an UI item isn't visible just do as in non-separate mode: Menu "View" > "Show..." (or "Studio...."). At first I experienced all selected items appear almost off the screen, visible just by a small detail near monitors edge. For Toolbar and Tools you even may need to use "Customise..." because this increases the activated UI area and forces the thing more back to the screen.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi, thank you for you reply, but I can't see what to do.

In develop persona there is no way to switch to photo persona since there is no contextual menu.

Mac OS 10.5.6 / Affinity 1.8.3

develop_persona.png

I think you should make relevant UI items, such as Toolbar and Contextbar, get visible first (as mentioned above), in Separate Mode before 'working' in it.

13 hours ago, llx said:

When  the separate mode is selected the contextual menu is no more displayed. 

Is it normal ? 

No, it is not normal. To make the main & context toolbars visible while in separated (or non-seperated) mode, on the View menu select Show Context Toolbar & Show Toolbar.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you both for your explanations.

But after checking on the View menu both  Show Context Toolbar & Show Toolbar are selected in the two view modes . If I unselect and reselect these parameters there is no change in separated mode .

Tomaso, Yes I first select these 2 parameters in non separated mode, then I switch in separated mode and the tool bar +  context tool bar disappear.

show_contexte_TB.png

separated_mode.png

As mentioned before: Choose "Customise Toolbar...", then, with its options opened, move the toolbar to a different position, then close the options. In my experience the toolbar will force the context bar to appear, too (they can't have different positions). Also you could try Menu View > Studio > "Hide Studio" ... and un-hide it again. Or, finally, "Reset Studio". In case you have a second monitor look there for missing items, too.

• Staff

I logged an improvement for 'Reset Studio' to also address the context toolbar, which would sort this out. 

As Gabe mentioned, this will happen by either using multiple monitors and the context toolbar position not being resolved to fit the new display area or it has manually been dragged away. 

Hi, I am not using multiple monitor. At the end I restarted with CTRL and now the context tool bar is available in separated mode. it's just that !

thanks to the support team who gave me the clue  and everyone who answered.

• Staff
16 hours ago, llx said:

At the end I restarted with CTRL and now the context tool bar is available in separated mode

That's fine but not an ideal solution for anyone who has lots of customisations. We should be resetting it with the built in studio reset so this area does need work. I am glad you're sorted though.