You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I’m begging you — fix the typing experience once for all

When I want to quickly reference something in an another artboard, or when I want to just scroll to see something — the interface unpleasantly pushes me back and lags and becomes unresponsive.

It’s almost like the UI gets a heart attack when I just want to scroll.

If this was designed so users don’t lose the textbox in wich they’re entering text, I can guarantee you users are not stupid enough to lose it out of sight (or get confused in wich textbox they’re entering text). Yes, enable auto-scroll so it scrolls when I type a long sentance out of view — but the moment I start to drag the screen myself give me the ability to get the thing OUT OF VIEW without it jagging and bouncing me back. It really makes the UI feel sluggish and unintuitive.

Second, when I am entering text — and everything is in view — GET RID OF THE HUGE BLUE BUTTONS AND STROKE AROUND THE TEXT. Especially in smaller sizes, I get lost and don’t see my design clearly. There’s a reason why Photoshop and Illustrator does this om the desktop for years. 

It’s a pain to work on text here, I always end up typing things in the notes app and copying it over. 

I know you have a lot to work on, but consider this as well — maybe in a few years. ;))

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic 

iPad Pro 11 2018 64GB

no other apps open

happens on all ios versions

hapoens on designer and photo (all versions)

i mean this has been happening for two years at this point.

im now on the latest ios and designer versions, i mean it even does this on the latest photo beta released today 😂 

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic 

7 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

what iPad model you are using / what OS it is on / what version of Affinity Designer you are using

tip.gif Go to ‘Account Settings > Signature’ and enter your system specs and app versions, and then press ‘Save’. This will ensure that the information is automatically included when you post.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)