You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

Need to open a bunch of Affinity Designer files from 2018 that I had archived but I'm getting an error message when trying to open them. Have the latest official version and the latest beta version and it's failing with both. The message says: 'Failed to open document/ The file appears to be corrupted'. 

How can that be fixed?

Thank you.

I'm surprised, I've opened some from back to 2014/2015 without a problem.  Never had a backwards compatibility issue.  Can you attach one so we can try.  The developers will need to see one anyway to know what is going on.  Are you getting it on all files from 2018?  Have you changed platforms, mac to windows?  This shouldn't be an issue but it would help to know.  What are you running AD on now?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Hi! Thank you for your quick reply.

Not all of them. What I can say is that there have been several people working on the same files. In 2018 we were a team of 4 and we were all using either iMacs or Macbook pros at the studio. However some would often work from home so not sure what equipment they'd use. It's likely but can't be sure now.

Also observed this tends to happen on bigger files.

Here's one of them:

https://we.tl/t-C6YeLfEErs

Thank you for your help!

Sorry edobarbosa, I didn't have any better luck than you did.  It got further than I figured it would before stopping.  Hopefully one of the developers will be able to figure it out.  They have been swamped lately so give them a few days to respond.

306997362_ScreenShot2020-07-17at6_22_12AM.png.62a69aaac1bc3b7af371c6248b63267b.png

I got pulled away and didn't send this.  Any way here it is.  Sorry for the late response.   And, yes this is the proper channel for the question.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra