You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trial Period Too Short

I have been buried creating my next book in Photoshop and InDesign when an associate suggested I check out Affinity with their 90 day trial.   By the time I was told, the extended trial was over, as was the 50% discount!   Still, I did download the trial and only then discovered it is only good for 10 days.   Maybe, and that is a big maybe, if I had absolutely nothing else to do, ten days might be enough time to evaluate one of the three software packages, but certainly not all three.   Besides, realistically, I will never be free to dedicate ten straight days to do a proper evaluation anyway.

I have watched a few YouTube videos, am intrigued by Affinity Photo, like the looks of a number of features and would like to try it before committing to changing from PS.   Over the past number of years I have mistakenly jumped on a few alternatives in an attempt to ween myself off PhotoShop.   All were very good at some functions but fell short at others.   I would rather not make that mistake again.

I haven't even thought about Designer or Publisher yet!

By the way, the 90 day trial is brilliant for getting someone hooked on the use of rather complicated software and in fact, that is how Photo Mechanic got me.   Is there any plans to bring back an extended trial period?

Back to my book now,

Thom

• Staff

The 90 day trial was a temporary offer  designed to help freelancers who had lost access to their usual software during quarantine. Sign up was available from the end of March until 20th June. Our usual trials are ten days long. While this will not be long enough to get to know the software inside out, it should be long enough to make a decision on whether or not to buy the full version.

If you buy the software from us, as well as the ten day trial we also offer a 14 day money back guarantee.