You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've spent the last few hours experimenting with different settings on the export file for GIF settings. No matter what I do: 256 colors; 128 colors, or 64 colors, bicubic, bilinear, original document pixel format, I still get noise and distortion in the saved image. Additionally, you can see the image isn't true white. Attempting to create a GIF with a transparent background ends with even worse results.  I see in the forums there are other posts about image quality but no actual solutions. I can't believe this is the best quality I can hope for. 

image.png.bea8ee5376538dae70c4df831b52eee8.png

This is difficult to answer without knowing what you are starting from. Could you upload the original image before exporting as a gif? Could you also describe the steps you applied before export? What are you expecting to see?

BTW, what are the to red arrows pointing to?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

John,

Thank you for taking a look. I am starting with a basic new file, white background. I add some text, a solid line, and export it as a GIF. The end result has noise. Here is an enlargement You have to look closely, but there is noise all over this image: a row of white dots next to the 2nd I,  rows of white distortion under the H and the S, an overall cast over the image that stops just under the dots of the I. A slanted line running under the T. Original image is attached. Notice the overall grayish cast showing the edge of the image against white.

image.png.36d9631b9ca50056aaf7cc9c0e957359.png

giftestexport.gif

giftestoriginal.afphoto