You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pen tool and copy contents in affinity photo

I need to copy the contents of a triangular shape using the pen tool or other means and copy/move its contents into other triangular shapes of different sizes.  I have tried by selecting the contents via the pen tool, duplicating the layer and moving the selection to another shape.  However, it does not seem to be possible to adjust the size of the shape accurately using the Move handles.  It would be better if I could visualise the nodal points for the duplicated selection so that I can finely adjust the selection to fit the new location.  Is this possible?  Or is there a better approach?  Many thanks

• Staff

The way that you can do this is to select the objects using the more tool then copy and  paste it then use the Group option (G) to make it a single object them move it to the other shape then to resize it use the Shift key ton keep the aspect ration and then drag the move handles to resize it.

Hello, many thanks for your advice.  I was hoping that the pen tool nodal points would be copied over so that I can use them to finely adjust the copy to the shape desired.  Using the handles of the Move tool to fit the shape is time consuming and does not seem to give the accuracy required.  Is that possible?  Once again, very appreciative of your response to my question.  Cheers Mark