You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 7/15/2020 at 4:55 AM, MEB said:

Hi jmillz,
change the channel in the Curves or Levels adjustment to Alpha then adjust as required.

Thanks! That never occurred to me. I even searched the docs and couldn't find info on how to apply adjustments to a mask.

QUESTION: Just curious, from a UX perspective, why it's even necessary to choose the alpha channel after nesting the adjustment layer under the mask layer. If that's not done, the adjustments seem to have no effect at all; so why wouldn't the program do it automatically? It seems like that step could be eliminated for the user. Or are there scenarios where the other channels could be also be used when the adjustment layer is the child of a mask layer?

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still the technique? I'm having trouble making it work.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:55 AM, MEB said:

change the channel in the Curves or Levels adjustment to Alpha

I'm not quite sure what this means.

I also think @Shotster's question suggestion is good. If I've moved the adjustment layer onto a mask, the program should assume my intent and I shouldn't have to take an extra step.