You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have the Google Collection, fully purchased and up to date. It works fine from Photoshop and Lightroom. I can also open each application by itself with no problems.

When I set up Affinity Photo I pointed it to the PS plug in folder and they are all shown in the Affinity menu. However, when I open them from Affinity I am given the option of a demo or purchase the software.. I need to understand why the difference with Affinity Photo and how to fix it so it my Google Collection works correctly. Hope you have an easy fix.

• Staff

Hi Looperp55,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you try the following steps to allow you to use the Nik collection without the Demo prompt.

In Affinity > Preferences > Photoshop Plugins tab

1) Set "Plugin search folder" to Photoshop's "Plug-ins" folder  (to the top of "Plug-ins" and not to "Google")

e.g. Plugin search folders:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Plug-ins

2) Set the "Plugin support folder" to "/"

Plugin support folders:

/

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, I had already selected the top level plugins folder. That is how I can see the other plugins. However, I have just tried opening my other plugins and they both crash Affinity Photo! It gets worse!

Hopefully this will get resolved in a future update?

Update: I found another thread on this subject and it works. I did not know how to do the / in the plugin support folder, shift-cmd-g lets you enter it. Viveza and Dfine do not work, the rest do! Yay!

Both of my other plugins (portrait professional and snapheal pro) crash Affinity Photo.