You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Glitch with Vector Brush start point

Does anyone know how to fix this (see image).

When using the vector brush with the apple pencil the start point is always a blob. I need it to be a Sharp point like the brush is defined as. No matter what I change the settings to the start point always behaves the same. It doesn't matter whether I use ipad or desktop. 

I've tried adding a small rope and window stabilizer but the same thing keeps happening.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!306C3271-9E3C-43B3-A575-A55168884F58.thumb.jpeg.e9ec43266bfd0cc0dcc096236870b0f3.jpeg

• Staff
14 hours ago, lafasta said:

Is there any work around? Or timeline on when this will be resolved? The vector brush is almost useless if there's no way to fix this.

Thanks

Unfortunately I'm unable to give any form of timeline as to when it will be fixed. However you can amend the issue on a per curve basis by selecting the each curve with the Move Tool and then inside the Stroke Studio move the Start Node in the Pressure curve down to something more acceptable. You can do this with multiple curves selected, however it will then give each curve the same pressure profile.

This is very unacceptable considering it’s been a known issue for what seems like a couple years at least (I did some searching in the forums).

The work around you gave (to manually edit every line) would add HOURS to a project. That can’t be the only option.

It looks like the vector brush problem is something that your users have been requesting over and over again for a long time yet the response you always give is the same excuse that you have given me. If your developers were actually working on this as you have said, and Affinity has apparently been working on for some time, it would have been fixed already. The vector brush is one of the main selling points of the app/software yet after purchase we find out it doesn’t even work correctly and is a “known issue”. Isn’t that false advertising?

Designer is a good app but this feature is definitely needed. Or you might as well delete the vector brush tool all together since it’s useless

Is there no way that the vector brush “known” issue can be bumped up on the priority list for the developers? I know your users would 100% vote for this. Please show that you actually care about your users requests for help and make this happen ASAP.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

I have this same issue and have had it since the app was first released. It is super disappointing to hear there has been no headway for years on what many of us consider a major problem. It has driven me away from the software on iPad and forced me to recommend others away as well. How can a drawing program not prioritize a pen pressure problem that no other program seems to have?

12 hours ago, HeroicNate said:

I have this same issue and have had it since the app was first released. It is super disappointing to hear there has been no headway for years on what many of us consider a major problem. It has driven me away from the software on iPad and forced me to recommend others away as well. How can a drawing program not prioritize a pen pressure problem that no other program seems to have?

Fixed in latest beta 1.9 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 years later...

I am still seeing this issue on version 2 on an Ipad Pro with Pencil Pro. Has there been any resolution on this? I was really hoping this app would work but I can't seem to draw with the vector brush without having to edit the first point of every stroke, that will be a deal breaker for me.