You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Print from Publisher on iMac

I am not sure how paper size is set for your Epson printer, but this can't be right, can it?

2132358616_papersize.jpg.ab3eb8ae1cbffa71dcefb0e39d6412af.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

Not an Affinity preset, is it?

On Macs printing presets can be created via the print dialog in most apps, so it would not be anything specific to any Affinity app.

Basically, you set up whatever options are available in the various sections of the dialog & then from the Preset popup choose "Save Current Settings as Preset..." It will vary depending on the printer's capabilities but for many the Paper Size popup will include lots of different ones provided as defaults by the printer software plus a "Manage Custom Sizes..." option that opens a new dialog more or less like this:

629635938_customsizes.jpg.d885ff8bc48f09be0a1c781b3db2af40.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Thank's R C-R. My post was rather meant to Fcosaos, who seemed to feel Affinity causing the print issues: "Unable to Print from Publisher".

If Fcosaos somehow created a "Printing Contracts" preset with a paper size of 0 by 0 mm, I would be very surprised if using it to print from any app did not fail, whether an Affinity one or not.

Affinity Photo 

That's what I had in mind. But since the screenshot doesn't show decimals I still hesitate to generally exclude that this preset maybe used for quite short contracts only, printed on small, nearly infinitesimal tiny papers, possibly combined with a paper roll feeder for the printer – whereas these would appear massively giant: https://www.zkm.de/en/exhibition/2019/07/writing-the-history-of-the-future/catalog/kolner-divisionen

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

It looks like Publisher has sent the file for print, it is the print driver that is hanging. I would restart your printer as well as your iMac and give it another shot. Also try printing anything from another program just to see if it is indeed related to Publisher or it is the printer itself. 

1 minute ago, wonderings said:

It looks like Publisher has sent the file for print, it is the print driver that is hanging.

The print driver is not hanging. The print job has been stopped due to a 'filter' failed error. This is almost certainly caused by the paper size setting with dimensions of zero by zero mm that is (apparently) part of a user-created printer preset named "Printing Contracts." It is also almost certainly why there is no page preview on the left side of the Print dialog, although a contribution factor may be that the Pages field in the Range & Scale section is blank.

It should be enough to select another preset & see if the print job completes. One of the printer's factory defaults that matches the size of the paper loaded into the printer probably would work well.

Affinity Photo