You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does not remember which monitor to display on.

Latest build of Affinity Photo Beta (1.8.3.641) for Window OS Windows 10 on Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13.
So ... Every time I launch Affinity Photo it appears on the wrong monitor (I have two monitors connected), and I have to drag the main window and all the palettes across to the correct monitor. It does not rememeber where it was when I closed it. Does this require a coding fix or is there a setting somewhere to sort this out please? tia xx

Have you tried it with the latest Beta, 1.8.4.676? On my system using 2 monitors there's no problem remembering my layout over both.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I'm on a dual screen setup. I haven't noticed this issue (yet). A question, but is the monitor it is moving back to set as the "main" display. Many of us use the main display for our applications and secondary maybe for less important, so it's possible others may not run into it as often. Since you're using a Wacom, if that is a secondary display then maybe something changed in the software to trigger this.

You can use use Windows Key + Shift + Left/Right Arrow to switch windows between screens instead of dragging. That doesn't move the floating panels I don't think, but maybe you can have a workspace saved that you can "reload" when this happens.

At least until it is fixed.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

Hi debraspicher, thanks for your feedback. I'm using the tablet as a virtual Ituos pad (for pen input, when I need it), and I have two screens hooked up to it. I didn't know about the Windows/Shift/Arrows keys, I will give that a go, cheers for that! :) xx

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.