You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text style not applying correctly

Op system Windows 10 Pro version 1909

Affinity Publisher latest version checked 

I was experimenting with layered master pages in APub. It is not clear whether this is the cause of the issue, or is it due to the particular fonts I am using.? Also I have 2 font groups in play. 

When I create a new text box (in my case called Body Slide) it is created at 'Body Slide+', which adds italic mode (presumably a leftover from clearing the Lucida Calligraphy from a buffer). If I appl Body Slide again, I would expect the italic mode to disappear. It does not. 

(For information: the body slide text style is identical to the default body except that the text fill is white}

(For information: The Base text style has been changed to Trebuchet MS as a font. No other changes. A new style group called Headings uses Lucida Calligraphy, Yellow)

The problem is illustrated in the attached video clip

• Staff

Hi @GrahamMYC,

When you draw a new text frame, it looks like you've accidentally saved defaults with a different style. With the Text Frame tool selected, go to Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset. That will put everything back to normal. 

I can't replicate the Italic issue here, but I have a feeling is somehow related to your defaults. Try to reset defaults and see if it works as expected :)

OK will try

That worked, thankyou. But I am still not clear about the panel at the top of the text styles panel, what it is for, and why it is there. Another tutorial video from Affinity would be useful at some stage. 

Once again thanks for prompt, clear advice