You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opening images from Aperture

• Staff

Hi Profiler,

With Aperture you don't save directly into the program. Aperture references the image on your MAC so saving any edits you have made from Affinity should update the image being referenced in Aperture. We don't offer telephone support as all support is done through the Forum.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Profiler,

As I said in my previous post you do not save into Aperture. You would overwrite your original image which would then in turn update the one you have in Aperture. Is your image stored in an Aperture library or is it stored in another location?

C

Hi Callum,

They are stored in the Aperture Library.

When I chose to edit External Editor AFP this makes a copy of the photo in Aperture so leaves the original untouched

I also edit in Perfect Photo Suite which makes a copy of the original then saves back into Aperture with out any problem.

But I prefer to now edit in AFP

• Staff

Hi Profiler,

Once you have chosen your file and clicked edit in Affinity photo. You can make any edits then go to File > Save in Affinity and it will update the copy that has been made in Aperture.

C

• Staff

Hi profiler,

Please check my reply to your original post here.

Affinity Photo doesn't overwrite PSD files sent from Aperture. It will offer to save the file as an .afphoto format instead (see the explanation in the post linked above) which makes Aperture lose track of the file, since Photo never overwrites it.

There's also some issues if the file have been sent as a TIFF (it will be flattened). We are currently working to provide a better solution for Photo/Aperture's roundtrip (adding layers support for TIFF files). Check our future Betas for improvements here.