You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I use a laptop and Windows 7 programme and am new to Affinity Designer but work with the old Serif Page Plus.  I find the font too small for my eyesight on the Designer user interface.  I note on page 64 of the Manual that there is a customisable preference to increase UI font size yet it doesn't come up as an option for me on my menu.  Can someone help me please by explaining how I can do it?

Thank you.

I don’t know if Windows users have this but this is where it is on Mac.
71158470_ScreenShot2020-07-13at17_51_04.png.1247a9c3c74ae1a94ba4f125bd730e39.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 minute ago, firstdefence said:

I don’t know if Windows users have this

No, that’s only available on a Mac. Windows users have to modify the global display settings (which will also affect other applications, of course).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you so much for that. I thought it was me!  Crazy bad that Windows users are discriminated against with something so fundamental.   How do I go about modifying the global display settings to achieve this, please?   BTW, this is the first time I've ever used a forum.  Neat, isn't it?

I have Windows 10 myself but I looked up how to change your font size in Windows 7. I think this article may help. To summarise:

1. Press Windows Logo Key + U to open the Ease of Access settings.
  2. Under Explore all settings, select Make computer easier to see.
  3. Under Make things on the screen larger,  select Change the size of text and icons.
  4. Select the Medium - 125% option and select Apply and press Enter.
  5. You may need to restart your computer for your changes to take effect.

Cara, thank you SO SO much!  This is fabulous!  It's made all the difference.  Honestly, you have saved the day and my straining eyes.  Thank you again so much for taking the trouble to help.  I've read that many others have had the same problem.  I just hope they can get to your answer to it as well.  Bless you!