You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading 1 document stuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi KobeOmeto,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for the file. Can you give us a few more details please?
- what OS are you running?
- are you working with files stored on Google Drive / Google Drive File Stream, Dropbox, or One Drive folders?
- are you working with files stored on an external drive or from a NAS?

Thanks.

Hi @MEB, thank you so much for looking into this.

-I am running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

-This file is located in the solid state hard drive within my MacBook.

I read some of other posts related to this issue, and realized I may have moved this file from its original location.
Not sure if I did that while it was open in Affinity Designer or not. And I seem to not remember where it was originally created...

Please let me know if I can provide any other information to help you and your Dev team to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Sung

• Staff

The file is opening correctly for me but it takes quite some time to load due to all the groups (with various levels of opacities) containing the 로고4 image (also with 15% opacity) used for the background (pattern). Group the grey pattern elements (the first two groups below the CERTIFICATE text layer) on each artboard so you can hide them all unticking just this new main group and hide it while you work (and save). If you need them visible all the time you may want to consider duplicating these main groups, rasterising them (right-click on them and select Rasterise in the Layers panel) so they become a single flattened background image for each artboard and keep the originals hidden just in case you need to edit them later. Flattening these groups will allow the file to be loaded much faster and improves the responsiveness of the program while you work.

Give me a minute and i will post the edited file here with those changes.

• Staff

Hi KobeOmeto, 
I forgotten to attach the file sorry. I've edited/changed all artboards that are currently visible, starting from the top of the Layers panel (except Artboard1) up to the marker layer in the middle of the layer's stack. All the ones below that marker in the Layers panel (currently invisible) were left untouched. All i did was grouping the background pattern groups on each artboard (i've labelled them "background pattern"), then duplicated them and rasterised the duplicate (right clicking the duplicated group and selecting Rasterise) - i've labelled these pixel layers "background pattern"  as well - then I've hide the original original group. Since there are now more images in the file (the flattened groups), the file size is bigger but should load quickly than before.
It's possible there's something else going wrong here - the app becomes sluggish when working with the file sometimes - so i've passed it to the dev team for inspection as well.

whatisgoing_MEB_EDITED.afdesign

• 2 years later...

I was just having the same issue and found this thread. So the issue isn't about the number of elements in the document slowing things down, but simply how much of it is visible when you try to open it. I'm working on a table runner design of an embroidery pattern that is 90" x 16". The file is only 6MB but it has loads of small objects. The strategy would be to group things so they are easier to make visible or hide? Hmm. I'll have to try that. It's too late in the drawing for this but the whole thing is made of instances of 8 different colored identical shapes. Maybe next time I'll use symbols. :)