You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie here....I restore and color old photos. the past few days my paint brush ( round light brush ) that I have used forever suddenly is like a spray brush or air brush with a little blue circle and my brush expands and then goes the blue circle..I have checked all my setting for the brush.......I never changed anything as to how it would change to this, I never mess with it,,, It is really messing up my precise coloring in an area. What could I have possibly done.I have tried restarting, Thank you Carole

6 hours ago, anniefarbs said:

Newbie here....I restore and color old photos. the past few days my paint brush ( round light brush ) that I have used forever suddenly is like a spray brush or air brush with a little blue circle and my brush expands and then goes the blue circle..I have checked all my setting for the brush.......I never changed anything as to how it would change to this, I never mess with it,,, It is really messing up my precise coloring in an area. What could I have possibly done.I have tried restarting, Thank you Carole

The 'little blue circle' usually indicates that the 'Stabiliser' is enabled for the brush.  This setting can be enabled/disabled in the brush context tool bar at the top of the screen, when the Paint Brush Tool is selected.

I'm not sure what is making the 'Round Light Brush' act like a spray brush/airbrush.  You can try resetting all the brushes back the defaults.  To do this, export any custom brushes that you have created in the Brushes panel, then go to [Edit > Preferences > Miscellaneous > Reset Brushes].  After doing this you will then need to import any custom brushes you previously exported, as they will be removed when resetting the brushes.

However, it's difficult to understand exactly what you mean without seeing what you are seeing.  Therefore, if you would prefer to get to the bottom of what's happening, you will need to post a screenshot showing the issue.  Post a screenshot of the whole Affinity Photo screen, with the Paint Brush Tool selected and also with the brush settings open (click on the 'More' button in the brush context tool bar).  This may provide an indication of what's happening.