You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I love using Publisher to layout print books. Unfortunately KDP doesn't like PDF format for Kindle books. I've used Libre office to convert to html but that was a failure. Here is a list of different types of formats for Kindle. What's the best way to get from PDF to something that will work on KDP? 

Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX)

Kindle Create (KPF)

HTML (ZIP, HTM, or HTML)

MOBI and ePub

Rich Text Format (RTF)

Plain Text (TXT)

Thank you in advance 

There is a disclaimer on the website telling me that the best results don't come from PDF's and use one of the other formats instead. It's true. When I upload the same PDF as I used for the book the formating is all wrong. 

Publisher is not the best tool for creating Kindle or epub ebooks. Also converting an PDF to Kindle/epub is not without problems. The problem is that PDF is a fixed format while Kindle Mobi/epub is a reflowable format.

I think you better use a epub/kindle application (I am using Jutoh) and copy your PDF content into this application. Then create your Kindle/epub file from that application. Make sure you do not have too much direct formatting in your publication.

Publisher is designed for print publications not epub/Kindle. I love the Affinity suit like you do, but for ebooks I use Jutoh a dedicated ebook creation application which delivers clean Kindle/epub files.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thank you, I will try your suggestion. I can't tell you how many apps I have tried to layout a book. Publisher is the best by far. I also like Indesign but if you factor in that ridiculous subscription it's a no brainer. 

I hope someday (soon) Publisher is a one stop place for KDP.