You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does the corner tool affect corners in joint curves?

Hi,

If I draw an angle with the Pen tool, I can apply the Corner tool to the angle. If, however, I create the same curve by joining two lines (i.e. I have two separate lines and I make them joined with the Node tool through action ‘Join curves’), the Corner tool does not work with the angle so created. Do I overlook something, or does it just not work as it should?

Thanks for help.

Corner tool.afdesign

The problem is that there is a pair of coincident nodes, instead of just one node, where the paths were joined together. The app frequently fails to remove a redundant node when joining paths. Delete one of these nodes to allow the remaining one to be 'cornered'.

We can only hope that there won't be another five years wait for the  joining misbehaviour to be corrected.

48 minutes ago, Guy Alex said:

It works. Funny! Thank you very much indeed for this piece of advice.

And yeah, let’s hope that it will be noted and corrected by the creators of Affinity.

It has been noted by the Affinity team for years like many other uncorrected problems, hence my comment about another five years.

• Staff

There have been improvements made to the Join Curves option in 1.8.4, notably that you can now select two nodes and join those, instead of it joining unexpected nodes.  I did (after a few tries - needed to have a sheared line) get 1.8.3 to give the same results as Guy, and I can confirm that when using Join Nodes in 1.8.4 it was no longer giving me the coincidental nodes. Obviously, I don't have the original document prior to the join to ensure in that case the results are correct, but Join Curves should start giving better results!