You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First Attempt At Styles

evtonic3

• 1 year later...

Hi, first of all thanks for sharing these amazin styles! I'm a beginner at Affinity Designer (and vector programs in general) and I tried to use the glass style but I didn't get the same look as yours:

29d72go.jpg

Please, could you tell me which parameters did you use to get that look?

Thanks!

Hi, glad you like this very old style! But I wish the Affinity had a scale effects option where what you’re getting can easily be scaled down to fit the size of your document resolution. The only thing i can suggest is to manually go into the effects panel and scale back all the effects manually. Sorry. I may have inadvertently set it up wrong my very first time at making these.

Adding to this discussion I have been experimenting with Photo styles and made comment on this forum elsewhere. They really are not flexible enough beyond normal photographic image manipulation and scaling is only one reason they are unable to approximate results one can get from Photoshop styles. It is a limitation in the use of the programme for 3D illusions. Since I no longer use Photoshop I can't illustrate the differences but one look into one of the Photoshop Wow manuals would reveal what I mean. It seems also that importation of Photoshop Styles is compatible with neither Photo nor Designer and importing a psd image with applied styles doesn't produce the same quality result. 

Michael

Adding to this discussion I have been experimenting with Photo styles and made comment on this forum elsewhere. They really are not flexible enough beyond normal photographic image manipulation and scaling is only one reason they are unable to approximate results one can get from Photoshop styles. It is a limitation in the use of the programme for 3D illusions. Since I no longer use Photoshop I can't illustrate the differences but one look into one of the Photoshop Wow manuals would reveal what I mean. It seems also that importation of Photoshop Styles is compatible with neither Photo nor Designer and importing a psd image with applied styles doesn't produce the same quality result. 

Michael

This is something I’ve been asking for since the beginning. A closer look at improving the effects panel.  Since the beginning, there hasn’t been one improvement to the styles panel which is a bit disappointing I have to say.  I guess new designer are not using styles like they used to, when in fact it truly is a remarkably easy way to get effects done fast. And good point that PS styles do not look like they do in PS when you import a PS file.

It would be unrealistic of us to expect Affinity to match in all its features sophisticated software costing so much more from a company almost a monopoly for many years. It already goes a long way in that direction and small design teams in any discipline, whilst more capable of original ideas can only achieve so much in a given time. 

These look remarkable, but I am unable to use them. I just downloaded and installed them, but they are unlisted.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!